We clean, we care & we welcome!
We clean our beautiful Luckenbooth rigorously to ensure a comfortable stay for guests by implementing cleanliness and safety protocols.
We care by implementing additional layers of precaution by cleaning, disinfecting and utilizing a sanitizing UV-C Light Technology to eliminate germs, viruses & bacteria on both soft & hard surfaces.
We welcome our guests with the same Cape Breton hospitality, warmth and enthusiasm that The Luckenbooth is known for.
We have adopted an ongoing approach to review all guidelines issued by Health Canada & Nova Scotia Health to ensure everyone’s safety. Effective October 4th, 2021 – As part of the Proof of Full Vaccination Policy, The Luckenbooth Guests will be required to provide proof of full vaccination as well as matching Government issued ID. We stand united and are fully committed towards overcoming these challenging times together and ensuring guest & staff safety.
In addition to our large guest rooms with comfortable seating, The Luckenbooth provides three additional common areas for guests to relax and socially distance; main floor living room, second level library and garden level explorer’s room as well as two large exterior decks with plenty of seating.
In addition, we have both achieved the Travel Industry of Nova Scotia’s (TIANS) CLEAN IT RiGHT & Nova Scotia Food Handler Program certification. We will be offering two breakfast settings at 7:00am & 8:30am to further ensure food safety, cleaning & sanitizing while promoting social distancing amongst guests.
We are also ensuring Covid-19 safety by:
- We are implementing appropriate safety checks upon arrival with guests to ensure proper quarantine steps have been taken prior to arriving at The Luckenbooth.
- Providing exterior & interior disinfection stations easily accessible to all guests & staff.
- We are offering two breakfast times in order to ensure guest safety protocols. Should guests require a same time slot we will then accommodate by having one set of guests in the dining room and the other in the kitchen and/or exterior table (weather permitting)
- Frequent cleaning, disinfecting & sanitizing of high-contact points
- We are using Health Canada approved disinfectants for cleaning
- Housekeeping will NOT be entering guest rooms during guest stay as recommended by Health Canada, Nova Scotia Health & the WHO (World Health Organization)
- We are practicing safe distancing measures 2 meters (six feet) as precaution for interactions between guests and ourselves.
- Guests can choose to enjoy our two outdoor decks while properly social distancing.
- Regular use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in all common areas to ensure the health and safety of all guests and staff.
The Luckenbooth Bed & Breakfast cares about the experience of every single guest that enters our doors and our sole purpose, as always, is your comfort, health and safety!
We look forward to welcoming you and wish you safe travels…. always!